Wednesday, February 20, 2013

pope-ular

I was reading this great LifeTeen article about our future pope, and it got me thinking... What do I pray for in the next pope?

I'm thinking a youth-minded pope (like Papa B) would be awesome. Or one that I could relate to. Or one that is easy to understand... sometimes the papal homilies go WAY over my head (maybe that means I should pray for more wisdom instead.)

Pray for our future Vicar. Maybe you could try this one, from the article!

O God,
eternal shepherd, who govern your flock with unfailing care,
grant in your boundless fatherly love
a pastor for your Church
who will please you by his holiness
and to show us watchful care.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

On a completely unrelated note; Catholic humor.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment